This page will contain the necessary material for the exercise sessions on May 25, June 1, and June 8.
Tutorial 1: molecular excitation:
- Einstein coefficients
- Intro radiative transfer and molecular excitation
- Problem set 1
- Problem set 2
- Solutions problem set 1
- Solutions problem set 2
- Solutions (slides) problem set 2
Tutorial 2: rotational diagram & a small chemical network:
Tutorial 3: running & analyzing a single point chemical network:
Important: please install the chemical network before the tutorial session.
- It is best to do the following on university computers because the code needs some dependancies that are already installed on the university computers.
- To download the chemical code go to https://uclchem.github.io/ and either click on 'Get a zip' or 'Get a tarball'.
- Once it is downloaded, either unzip or untar it. To untar in the terminal use:
tar -xvf the_name_of_tarball.tar
Go to the main directory of the code that you just unzipped in the terminal using the command below:
pip install -r requirements.txt
pip install .
If everything goes fine, you should not get any error messages. For more information on the installation see: https://uclchem.github.io/docs/.
Then go to https://home.strw.leidenuniv.nl/~leemker/astrochemistry/excercises.html, download the two python scripts under Tutorial 3 and put them in the main directory of the code above that you just installed. For more information on what we want to do feel free to take a look at the Problem set 5 that is already on the website.
That's it! You are all set for the tutorial.Problem set 5 plot_astrochemistry.py run_astrochemistry.py Problem set 5 solutions